Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A few things I've been working on

So I've been working on my babies spring/summer wardrobe…here are a few things that I've made so far…Of course Ill totally share where I found the tutorial if possibly bc I truly believe to give credit where credit is due!!!!!!!  and these ladies work so hard on there tutorials to share so why not share them with you all so you can make them to if you want!!!
I made the black Valero jackets and the skirts..the shirts I bought at target…The patterns I got from here…They are free patterns…She is soooo talented and shares all of her patterns for free.. and it just so happens that her little girl is the same size as my twins so I don’t have to adjust the patterns at all..total awesomeness!!!  If you have never been over to check out her blog you really should if you are looking for something to make..
Jianna, Jayla
DSC_0799

Jianna, Jayla
DSC_0777DSC_0791
I bought these plain pink shirts at Target and knew that I had to dress them up a bit..so I bought some velveteen paint from Hobby Lobby and after you paint then put the iron over them to puff them up a bit..so easy and super cute I think..I mainly used the top of a pencil eraser and them some smaller stamps for the shapes..I think a flower on the side one of the organza or rolled flowers would be super cute..think Ill have to make one for them.. the skirts I made awhile ago but had made a different shirt to go with them but they outgrew the shirt so that is why I had  to make a new one…
Jayla, Jianna
DSC_0832
Jayla, Jianna
DSC_0849DSC_0841
Oohh these are so much fun and so easy to do..I seen the tutorial over here..They are the circle skirt and they are so twirly…I have since made myself one and Avery two..a brown one and one that looks like the one in her tutorial…like I said they are soooo easy..and my girls love them so much bc they can do this in them..lol
DSC_0763DSC_0765DSC_0766
DSC_0739DSC_0771
This has got to be my favorite so far..I got the pattern from here…Another free pattern from the same talented lady as the first picture…I LOVE this dress!!!!  I love the blue that she had made that I just totally had to find that blue and make my babies one..and it’s the same fabric that I made destiny’s skirt out of…I actually made these two dresses and the skirt for under ten dollars..YIPPPPEEE!!!!! I think I'm going to make a few more in a few different colors..I did have to call my MIL for help on the button holes..so thank you for your help..they turned out..Winking smile I had never did a button hole before and she has the same sewing machine as me so it is very easy for her to help me on my machine at least I think it is..lol!!! 
Jianna
DSC_1057
DSC_1066DSC_1064
I have had a really hard time with pants with out a pattern bc they never fit over the bum…so I finally decided to but a pattern and so  I actually made some ruffle capris that fit like a T…Smile  The shop that I bought the patterns from is called Little Lizard King and they are on Etsy…the same shop that I bought the pants from had this adorable dress too that could be shortened into a top too..so that is what I did..theres a few other patterns over there that I am eyeing…
Jayla in both
DSC_1082DSC_1068

On my list to make next is some more ruffle capris..a knotted top/apron dress…and a couple of dresses for my girls Easter dresses…oohh I just have to order some more fabric..I also have a couple pheasant dresses and pillow case dresses that I want to make….and I'm trying to figure out how to make some bows…they are kind of tricky actually..I spent many hours on them yesterday to have only ONE turn out on me..urrgghh..I'm also making some cute little tiny lined alligator clips for my babies hair..my list is never ending..lol!!  but it keeps me sane!!Smile

We are on spring break this week…but it looks like it is going to  be raining but we are going to try to make it to the zoo one day..and maybe the park..and then this week the Shriner Circus is also here so we might go to that..if Destiny gets better I took her to the dr and she has mono..last week it was Brielle with a sinus infection and now this week it is mono..This next month is going ot be really busy with bc it is all of Averys regular checkups that are routine..blood work, hearing, dentist (first one)/regular dr, nutritionist/special needs dr/ it seems like I'm missing a few and I probably am..but that’s its..ooh I know what it is..Destiny and Brielle both went in for there regular check up at the dentist and he said that we should start saving now for braces that Brielle is def going to need them and maybe Destiny on the bottom!!  So I had to make them both an appointment at the orthodontics. My babies are keeping me very busy as I have two walkers now..and they are into everything!!!! This last weekend they ended up dumping a whole bottle of baby powder upstairs everywhere so my whole upstairs smells lie baby powder and that stuff is not easy to clean up!!!  Then I come down stairs to find my wipes case emptied..I have one that loves to open things..she got into my sesame oil and opened it up and dumped it everywhere..that stuff stinks too!!!  Well I have two babies that are getting hungry so I better go for now!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Slow down girl!!! LOL! Whoa, just READING your post makes me tired!!! :) great job on all your projects, they all look really cute!

p.s. Glad to see you posted, was being to wonder if you still existed! :)