Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

We had a quiet Thanksgiving meal. It was just our little family for the big Turkey dinner and then some of Jared’s family came over for supper and pie. It was actually kind of nice to have it with just us for a change. I thought it was going to be a little depressing but it was ok. Jared took the older girls shooting for awhile in the afternoon. It was there first time and well Destiny don’t care if she goes again. Brielle is all ready to go and do some actual hunting!!!  She really had fun!  What’s a guy to do when he don’t have any boys take some of his girls I guess…lol!!
Destiny played some Christmas music while I was getting lunch ready!!
DSC_0085
Destiny playing the piano
Our turkey got a little brown..but we like it that wayWinking smile {IT actually cooked WAY faster then what I was expecting…}
DSC_0097
Homemade dinner rolls…YUM!!!!
DSC_0099
All the fixins…
DSC_0100
DSC_0105
DSC_0107
DSC_0110
Jianna- “Aaaaallll done!!”
DSC_0113
Pies are NOT my specialty!!!! Actually it’s the pie crust that I HATE!!!  I need to find a good recipe…My problem is that I don’t have the patience to deal with the crust..so next year I am either going to buy my crust {Michelle I know you are going to cringe to that!!!Smile}} or I need to practice more through out the year and make pies more then once a year!!  So Jared helped me did the pie crusts this year. He came home to see me all frustrated and took over!!! So he wanted me to make sure to take a pics of his pie this year…his patchwork pie crust and apple pie too..
DSC_0118DSC_0119
Destiny wanted to make a pie too so she found a chocolate chip pie recipe and made it!!  All
the kids loved it..it was pretty good!! She is becoming quite the baker and for that I am thankful!!
DSC_0122DSC_0116

Then in the middle of night some kind of bug decided to get me..and leave me on the toliet with the garabage can directly in front of me..if u know what i mean;)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and I hope you are feeling better!