Tuesday, March 20, 2012

After Surgery

She did great coming out of it…this was when we first saw her..she was pretty sleepy..but actually she has been all day..she has been in and out of it all day so far…she's sleeping again right now as I type this..But I thought I would put some pictures up bc I know my other girls are very anxious to see her cast and to see her…
DSC_0374
Her room….we are in the cardiac ICU unit bc the regular ICU unit was full..and we have to walk past some of the rooms that have these teeny tiny babies and it just breaks my heart…Jesus just be with them and comfort them all and all there parents..
DSC_0376
Trying to smile for mom
DSC_0380
Can you see her cast sticking up from around her mid chest area??? 
DSC_0382
Here is her cast…she will have to be in it for one to two months..but it is going to be removable so I can sponge bath her….and clean her up if she gets pee on it or something like that..not sure how that is going to work..they said they will show more tomorrow
DSC_0390DSC_0391

DSC_0400
Apparently she is more susceptible to getting pneumonia so they are watching that pretty closely. she has given a few nurses the look….like back off lady..get away from me…lol!  and she has said no no in her sleep..I wonder what she was dreaming about?????!!  They gave her four IV’s.. she has one in each hand and also one in each elbow bendy part..you know what I mean…right???!!:)Not sure why she has so many…the nurse said she has more then some of the cardiac patients that are up there…they also gave her some kind of mellow medicine today to keep her more mellow and to keep her from freaking out from all the IV’s and the cast and all that stuff..that should wear off in about 24hrs..otherwise she is pretty doped up on pain medicine and her epidural…

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear everything went ok. She is such a trooper... always looks as happy as can be!

Becky said...

If you want to sound like you are a medical professional, the "bendy part" of the elbow is called the antecubital area. :)

Yes, she has a lot of Iv's for sure....maybe the anesthesiologist needed some practice. I was so glad to read this and see she is in her room safely. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all.

Laura said...

Just got caught up on all your posts from the day. That last picture of Avery smiling made my day! I'm glad the surgery was a success and I hope her recovery will be very uneventful. Please keep the updates coming!!

Michelle said...

I love that last picture - so beautiful! She must be wondering what the heck is this thing on my body!